Monday, January 25, 2010

Time to leave the nest, Little Drafts...

I noticed all of these drafts and thought I'd just post them in their unfinished state. There are probably various reasons they were never posted. I may have been interrupted or it might be that I didn't have the mental energy to turn it into something remotely readable. I tend to get the writing itch when I'm feeling burdened by something that is larger than my words at the moment. That's not so terribly convenient, is it? *laugh*

Draft No. 1
12/11/09 a small vent...tiny in fact

Y'know those "perfect" people who tend to be held up as a shining example of Everything? It's very frustrating to some of us Ordinary Folk when we are privy to the fact that the Shining Examples are not so shining after all. (They never are.) And my beef isn't with the Shining Examples themselves so much as the people that want to put them on a pedestal. Can't you just let them be normal? Who wants to live under that kind of pressure?

(I wish I had typed the rest of this because I'm totally curious how it would have ended. Huh.)


Draft No. 2
3/09/09 It's becoming clear...


I am not a blog person.

(Obviously, this one remained a draft because it was short, sweet and completely pointless. *laugh*)


Draft No. 3
9/29/09 A time for everything...


I'll just test this out and see how I feel about it after a short while.


A significant portion of my life was lived in secret. I hid a lot of things too painful for me to ever share. As a result, I am particularly sensitive to things that seem "hidden". I simply can't ever live that way again because it almost cost me my life. So what for one person may be a simple issue of privacy, for me is a radical undoing of my past. It may very well be that it is my lot in life for the consequence of my past sin. It also may be that it was God's intention for me from the very beginning. That I was made for a certain candor. It really matters very little since the outcome is the same.


I am a person who regularly, as part of life-maintenance, needs a somewhat radical shift in priorities. What can I say? I get off track. Sometimes it is a mere realization, sometimes a gentle rerouting, and other times it involves pulling the plug entirely. I am doing all three right now. *laugh*


I kid that I have ADD, but there are parts of my that often suspect it to be true. Maybe I'll get that checked one day. Mom, if you're reading this, I'm sorry I'm not better about going to the doctor.

(TOTALLY remember this day. See how long this draft is? And how it finds itself all over the map? Yeah, well, those seemingly unrelated paragraphs would have eventually achieved cohesion. "Eventually" being the operative word. "Eventually" as in "after four hours of backspacing through two hours of mental unload". TOTALLY remember this day.)

Well, this has been interesting. And now I am going to delete those drafts so things can be much tidier in here.

No comments: